You are prompted to upgrade the company file the first time you open QuickBooks Pro 2024 in its more recent version. Here’s how to go about it:
- Verify that every user has exited the company file.
- Launch your specific new QuickBooks Desktop 2024 version.
- If the company file is not open, select Open or Restore Company. You can also select Open or Restore Company from the File menu.
- Select Open a business file, then select Next.
- Navigate to the file on your computer, then click Open.
- Log in as the admin user to the company file.
- QuickBooks will automatically create a backup of the current company file before QuickBooks Upgrade. Change This Default Location to Store allows you to save the specific backup file in a chosen folder.
- Choose Update Now to start the upgrade.