You are prompted to upgrade the company file to 2024 version the very first time you open QuickBooks desktop 2023 in its more recent version. Here’s how to go about it:
- Verify that every user has exited the company file.
- Launch your specific new QuickBooks Desktop 2024 version.
- If the company file is not open, select Open or Restore Company.
- You can also select Open or Restore Company from the File menu.
- Select Open a business file, then select Next.
- Navigate to the file on your computer, then click Open.
- Log in as the admin user to the company file.
- QuickBooks will automatically create a backup of the current company file before QuickBooks Upgrade to 2024. Change this default location to store allows you to save the specific backup file in a chosen folder.
- Choose Update Now to start the upgrade.